Unconscious Bias can prevent individuals from making the most objective decisions. They can cause people to overlook great ideas, undermine individual potential, and create a less than ideal work experience for their colleagues. By understanding Unconscious Bias and overcoming it at critical moments, individuals can make better decisions and build a workforce and workplace that support and encourages diverse perspectives and contributions.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will leave the course with:
· Knowledge of the business drivers for inclusion and diversity
· Understanding of the meaning of inclusion
· Respect for and willingness to embrace individual differences and diverse perspectives
· Appreciation of the value of the contributions of all employees
· Skills for managing bias in oneself and others
· Understand what unconscious bias is
· Understand/identify causes of unconscious bias
· Understand how unconscious bias is measured
· Recognize/understand how unconscious bias affect the person who holds the bias and unconscious bias affect the attitudes and behaviors of the targeted group
· Address how unconscious bias can be reduced/managed at the individual and organizational level
· Defining unconscious bias
· Recognizing the science behind unconscious bias
· Identifying personal and business reasons to tackle unconscious bias
· Understanding organizational and individual biases and assessing their impact
· Identifying strategies to minimize the impact of biases on key business and people functions
· Creating personal strategies to minimize the impact of our own biases
Thank you for choosing RDM Management Group as your training solution provider.
Please select the consultation button below to learn more.